BBVA Compass Stadium announces tailgating policies and procedures
BBVA Compass Stadium, home of the Houston Dynamo and Texas Southern University football, has published a list of policies and procedures for tailgating events at the stadium. Highlights include:
- All parking passes will be pre-sold. No cash spots will be sold on event days.
- One 8’ x 18’ spot per pre-purchased parking hang tag; hang tag must be visible on vehicle rearview mirror at all times. One hang tag = one parking spot. BBVA Compass Stadium will strictly monitor and enforce this policy;
- A ticket holder in possession of more than one pre-paid parking permit will be allowed to use adjacent spaces for tailgating per space regulations. Hang tags must be clearly displayed at each space (i.e. attached and visible on tent, cooler, etc.);
- Tailgating is permitted on the medians separating Lots B & C from the roadways; however, the tailgating set up cannot impede or infringe upon the pedestrian sidewalks;
- Tailgating will be allowed on a first come, first served basis; saving spots is not allowed. Patrons are encouraged to arrive in conjunction with other fans in order to set up adjacent tailgating events;
In March, the City of Houston passed an amendment to the ordinance that allows open containers in the downtown area in lots owned, operated or controlled by a sports franchise. The result of the changes to the ordinance allows Houston Dynamo and TSU football fans the opportunity to tailgate in Lots B & C only, the two parking areas that the stadium lease from the Astros. Private parking areas will not be allowed to hold tailgating events.
“We knew when the Dynamo moved downtown that we would have to work through the tailgating issue because it was important for the fans. It was part of the experience and culture at their previous home, so it was important that we get this done,” said BBVA Compass Stadium General Manager Doug Hall. “We worked with city officials to make sure we knew what the previous ordinances were and we asked them if they would agree to accommodate open container modifications in the downtown area.”
The two stadium-controlled parking areas have been pre-sold to Dynamo season ticket holders and will not be open to the general public. The Houston Dynamo’s Orange Avenue, a pre-game fan-interaction area located on the south end of the stadium on Bastrop between McKinney and Walker, will offer the general public a designated area to enjoy food and beverages, along with games, music and more.
“We want fans to come downtown and enjoy a positive experience for soccer and football events. We plan to work with the City, the Houston Police Department, the Houston Fire Department and all appropriate organizations in order to ensure the safety of our fans before, during and after all of our events,” Hall stated.
Tailgating for non-Dynamo events will also be permitted subject to scheduling availability. Please visit www.bbvacompassstadium.com for details.
- Guest Info
- Stadium Info
- Events Spaces
U.S. RUGBY MEN’S NATIONAL TEAM PLAYER PAUL EMERICK VISITS HOUSTON THIS WEEK
Team USA Rugby Ambassador Promoting Upcoming USA vs. Ireland Match with a
Series of Events, Clinics & More May 16-19
Free Pre-Game Celebration Includes Live Music from The Blaggards & The Slags Along with Food, Drinks, Games and More on Saturday, June 8th
BBVA COMPASS STADIUM & HOUSTON DYNAMO TEAM UP FOR EARTH DAY CELEBRATION BENEFITING HERMANN PARK CONSERVANCY
Dynamo vs. Colorado Rapids Ticket Offer Featuring $5 Donation to Hermann Park Conservancy on Sunday, April 28
USA VS. IRELAND RUGBY MATCH TAILGATING CONTEST AT BBVA COMPASS STADIUM
Tailgating Teams Representing Team USA & Ireland to Participate in
Pre-Game Competition on Saturday, June 8, 2013